Heavyweight FF & E Interior Designer
Juliettes Interiors is an International, award-winning interior designer and retailer for customers who want only the best, based on the Kings Road, Chelsea, London. We are looking for a very mature, business-driven, heavyweight Interior Designer who is looking to further their career to a directorship with Juliettes Interiors. We need a designer with business acumen, capable of working without direction. The position is based in our Kings Road showroom. We are a small successful team working on international high end residential projects.
Previous experience with high net worth clients and multi million £ international projects essential.
Italian mother tongue would be ideal but not essential for communicating with our Italian suppliers.
We only hire the best and most dedicated people. Rewards are high but our expectations are also exceptionally high.
Superior customer service skills and perfect English including spoken, written and grammar are essential.
The ideal candidate will live close to our showroom and have the right to live and work in the UK already.
- Understanding and interpreting our customers’ requirements for the specification of luxury furniture and lighting, space planning, co-ordination with suppliers.
- Discretion and a high level of customer service are essential.
- Developing concepts and sourcing FF&E items and samples, with the ability to enhance and improve the concepts and offer your own suitable ideas to fit within the projects.
- Ability to pay acute attention to detail when customising items.
- Produce quick and accurate digital drawings/plans to demonstrate the successful layout of items specified, and possibly already in situ, to co ordinating the overall design.
- Creating high quality sample digital boards, proposals, plans and elevations up to basic render to demonstrate your proposals using 2D and 3D programmes, i.e. Sketch up and AutoCAD.
- Some architectural design experience would be helpful.
- Experience with Apple Mac programmes.
- Researching a variety of materials, products and their application to ensure co-ordination and application.
- Attending European trade fairs for inspiration. Meeting and qualifying potential new suppliers and being able to discuss our brand requirements from a business perspective.
- Producing precise detailed schedules on spreadsheets to include all costings
- Checking specification, suitability, requirements in specific environments.
- Undertaking the administrative aspects including and up to procurement.
Personal skills we seek are:
- A mature person based within reasonable commuting distance of our showroom in Chelsea, London.
- Smartly dressed and highly presentable.
- Ability to offer a high level of customer service.
- Digitally literate and highly organised.
- Flexibility with the ability to adapt quickly and be pro-active – multi tasking.
- Excellent relationship skills with team members, suppliers and customers.
- Ability to work without direction and lead from both a business perspective and from the front.
- A can do attitude with a high level of common sense.
Please send your CV, portfolio with salary requirement to: [email protected]